Tuesday, July 21, 2026

T-Shirt Tour Resumes


When my work from home 6-week stint began, I thought I'd be sharing a different T-shirt every day. But it got hot and life was mostly about tank tops.

This morning I was wearing a coveted tank top from Twins Spring Training a few years ago in Florida. But by the time I was rounding home from the neighborhood loop I was getting rained on!

So I had to put that shirt on a "drying rack" and grab a "new" t-shirt.

Today's shirt is courtesy of a really fun concert featuring Here Come The Mummies. Look them up! 

Back in the days when hubby and I commuted to work in Iola, nearly an hour drive, we listened to the Bob and Tom Show on the radio in the mornings. Their often close to R-rated programming format is showcasing lots of comedians and bands that also could pass as comic relief. 

That's when we first heard Here Come The Mummies. We immediately liked and were entertained by this eight-piece funk-rock band of 5000-year-old Egyptian mummies with a one-track mind. 

So when I got tickets a year ago, it was great to see and hear them in person. I completely forgot about the T-shirt until I made a concerted effort to seek a new shirt each day. First time wearing it! I'm starting to wonder why we even buy shirts for events it we don't wear them. But then, I'd probably need to purge a lot!

What's your favorite concert (or Broadway musical) T-shirt??

No comments: