Friday, September 18, 2026

If You Build It...


I don't know about you, but I think our neighborhood is getting together to build an ark! It's been coming down steady all day with no sign of stopping until Sunday! We already have an inch and counting in the rain gauge. 

It stinks because there are so many OUTDOOR fall activities to do this weekend.


Our neighborhood Pumpkin Shed opened today. It's not even half a block away so we take pride and ownership!


They've got pumpkins of all colors and sizes – and beautiful mums.


They've got gourds of all shapes and sizes as well.


Including these "things" that look like they belong on episode of Dr. Pimple Popper! You can un-see that now, can you?!


If squash is your thing, they have the usual varieties.


Including this new variety call Mac n Cheese. I mean if squash soup tasted like Mac n Cheese, I might actually like it. Just never been my thing.


They also have decorations, craft items, and Gene's world-famous salsa – made with all ingredients grown on the farm. There are also few cooky and spooky displays like this chicken who never had the guts (get it?) to cross the road.


And this poor fella has been waiting FOREVER for someone to give him a push on the swing!


And this little guy is waiting to trick or treat! Always something fun to see and do. Hopefully when the weather clears, you can show those hardworking farm ladies some love! (Deer Road and 70th Street in Grand Rapids.)

Of course, when the rain does stop Sunday, I'll be having my INDOOR fun. Yup BINGO returns to Assumption! Doors open at noon. Play starts at 1 p.m. And Robyn yells her first "BINGO!" at 1:13 p.m. Ha.

Try to have a nice weekend, everyone!



No comments: