Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Block It Out!


Last night got to be pretty late after getting home from football and volleyball. Didn't bother to blog since I figured 80% of the state of Wisconsin was watching the Brewers in the NLDS. Block out that one bad memory. They've got tonight, too!

It was a touching evening at the high school, where the volleyball team (and many others) organized a PINK OUT – Block Out Cancer night for a 1986 Assumption grad. Both hubby and his sister have known her since high school.

The week before the game, they took orders and sold 400 of the shirts shown above. Wow. Then, they got at least 40 donations of raffle baskets for the event. Yes, of course, I won one. I always do, don't I?


I was thrilled to see the gymnasium was packed as a show of support! Always proud to be part of these special "mini" communities within the community of Wisconsin Rapids. Gives me hope in a world that certainly could use it. 

I hope the best for Gail. And yes, the best for your Brewers, too! 



No comments: