Anyone who knows me (well hubby mainly), knows I am an undomestic goddess with no/limited skills to cook up a decent meal. Thank you to boxes of mixes or frozen microwaveable food that has helped me fake it. (Side note: I was devastated when Schwan's went out of business!)
But last week, after having a deliciously spicy shredded pork sandwich at book club, I asked for the recipe and that got me on a tangent yesterday when I had to travel to Point and Plover. They have some pretty good grocery stores and meat markets.
When I got to Metro Market in Plover, I had some pork loin thoughts in mind, but then I saw all their options. Go there!!
So this is my step-by-step of a Korean BBQ Pork with Goat Cheese Sandwich. Yes, I literally invented this last night! (Maybe??)
There were a lot of choices, but when I saw this one I was reminded how we both loved our spicy Korean "infusion" restaurant experience last year. So I decided that was a good place to start since the baking/cooking directions seemed easy enough.
Then, since we both are big fans of King's Hawaiian everything, I got slider buns, too.
The star of the show was the shredder I ordered on Amazon that just arrived on Monday. I keep getting recipe feeds on social media (do they even know me?) and many times they are using this tool. It says "chicken" shredder but I think it's just any kind of meat shredder.
Since the pork loin was much thicker than a typical chicken breast (that's me guessing) I sliced it down the middle and tried my new "twist-twist-twist one more time shredder".
And when I had all the shredded pork in a container, I poured on any remaining juices from the oven pan.
While I piled the pork on a slider bun, I decided it needed some cheese maybe. As a new fan of goat cheese, I threw on some crumbles and nuked it a bit in that slider bun.
Oh wow. I'm not saying it was good because I came up with any of it, but it is a good combination of flavors.
P.S. I had it two nights in a row and it was perfectly delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment