OMG! I think that most of the descendants of the OG Yee-Haw group from 40 years ago thought "some friends" would attend Saturday Night's "revival" show. Turns out there's a pretty loyal community when it comes to Rudolph, Wisconsin!
I (and hubby) were right in the mix and loving it! 500 some attendees? We'll take credit. LOL.
Full disclosure: Jim and are not from there. But we have friends that we've joined in community fundraisers and, well, productions some people needed to resurrect after 40 years.
I know I spent too many blogs promoting the Yee-Haw show, but I'll take credit for a few extra tickets. Of course.
The best surprise for me was my twin sister coming from 4+ hours away to surprise me – and her son, my nephew Tony in Green Bay – coming over and knowing the whole time! Sneaky!
But the show itself was amazing.
I have yet to process all the photos and videos other people took. That doesn't matter as much as the fact there were 20-30 folks on stage trying to tell the best corny jokes and sing the best songs! A standing ovation from 500 people at the end of the night might prove we succeeded.
If we can actually share a wrap-up, I will share. I feel bad if you missed it because I often times thought people were like, "That's nice. You do your 1970 music thing." Well we did and I'm glad hundreds of people enjoyed it.
The best part really is that Jim and I – and well most of us – weren't even nervous. We had so much fun singing and telling jokes, it felt like a night hanging out with friends.
Can't wait to see what images/videos shake out.
Thanks for coming, y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment