It probably goes without saying that our sheltered "screen time" growing up included The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie, Lawrence Welk, and Hee-Haw. Not that there's anything wrong with that, right?
Even though my twin Raylene and I were NOT identical, we put on mop heads and trucker hats and pretended to be the Hager Twins on Hee-Haw many Saturdays.
Fast forward 40 some years and suddenly I'm about to perform in a Hee-Haw revival show!
I think I've mentioned a few times that hubby has long-time connections with some friends in Rudolph – just north of Rapids by about 15 minutes. This amazing family that he performs with the church "guitar choir" are descendants, I guess, of parents that presented the first Hee-Haw type variety show some 40-plus years ago.
Now we both are somehow a part of it.
Here are the details of our upcoming "variety show" for lack of a better description! Lots of songs. Lots of corny jokes. And plenty of throw backs to the Hee-Haw show.
Since Jim and I are both "cast members," let us know if you want tickets!
We're proud to be a part of the new Yee-Haw production!


No comments:
Post a Comment