Remember in 1988 when Tom Hanks wished to be "BIG"? Turns out you don't even need a magical Zoltar machine to make your wish come true!
If you time it right as the sun lowers in the sky, you can stretch your 5-foot-2-inch frame to 6 feet easily. And look at those long legs going on for miles!!
Sorry, Zoltar and fake fortune-tellers, but you've been replaced by nature.
Also, once again, I am completely admitting to being a dork. We just happen to be in the midst of a "steps challenge" at work so I am out and about much more than my usual lazy ass is used to. So I start noticing weird things like shadows. And which cows at the neighboring farm acknowledge me when I say "good morning."
You know, the important things!
It's interesting that when my sister Rayna headed out from here yesterday she was going to enjoy an overnight stay in Wisconsin Dells, less than an hour from here. On the way there she visited Roche Cri State Park down the road, which we haven't done in ages. And this morning enjoyed a boat tour of the Upper Dells. I really want to do that!
Sometimes we get so stuck in our routines, we forget to stretch our boundaries – even just a little – and take advantage of some pretty cool things close to home! Also, some dorky things. But a lot are pretty neat!
Go forth – and stretch your boundaries!


No comments:
Post a Comment