Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Talk To Yourself –– Nicely

 

I love this sentiment. I mean why do we talk to friends and "sisters" so supportively, but knock ourselves down?

I am so not blaming my mother. But I just can't pinpoint when this started. At what age did I think I was too fat, too poor, too unworthy, etc?

When we use the term "mental health" we mean anything and everything about our self worth.

We realize that isn't enough!

Last week, we were so saddened to learn that one of our neighbor boys (well one who grew up across the street for 20+ years) took his life. It definitely gave us all a renewed focus on what mental health needs mean. 

This happened more than a week ago and the funeral was Saturday. I just haven't wrapped my head around the fact that he's gone. To realize he will never show off his skate bording or bicycling skills on a ramp again. 😟

It's not just random 80's and 90's song lyrics when when we tell you to don't stop believing!

Believe in YOU! 

No comments: