Monday, May 13, 2024

Why Can't People Be Nice?


After my lovely Mother's Day yesterday, it wasn't long before my world (cyberworld that is) came crumbling down. 

I got a message through Facebook from a friend I saw a few days ago that he wanted my phone number. Not unusual amongst us photographers. Then he asked what my email was for my Facebook account. Again, not unusual since he was going to share photos with me.

But is wasn't him. And it was too late when I figured it out.

Sh*t! Doesn't cover my feelings or response.

So I spent the late hours of last night and the early hours of today trying to gain control of my Facebook (and related social) accounts. While trying to work my normal full-time job. It was awful!

The worst part was knowing that people were thinking I needed help, wanted their phone number, or wanted to buy the dozens of things I had for sale. I felt so bad that they were exposed. While also realizing that my fake hacked friend had done the same to me.

Why can't people just be nice?!

I sure hope this is resolved so I can relax and just watch The Voice tonight. But, I think this might be a bit. In the meantime, if you get any weird message from me, ask how I know you and definitely ask which sports teams I cheer for! 

If you know, you know. And hopefully that's enough to protect you!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hugs & 🙏❣️