Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Happy May Day


Happy May Day! The last few evenings have been a whirlwind of spring sports photos (soccer and baseball) and editing them. So no time to blog. 

You didn't miss anything.

But I'm back in time for one of my favorite days. 

Of course, when I was a child, I loved May Day. We made "baskets" from business-sized envelopes – cutting the corners to make a handle, drawing and coloring flowers, glueing ribbon, and filling with a few treats. We'd deliver to a lot of neighbors and elderly, who really appreciated it. And did some hang, knock, and dash baskets where we HOPED the neighbor boys would come out and chase us. And I guess, kiss us? This picture was from 4th grade, so we definitely weren't focused on that! (Er, no?) 

But I was dismayed that my younger coworkers knew nothing of this tradition. Gotta bring it back, folks!

Fast forward to adulthood and my favorite reason to celebrate this holiday!

One of my favorite people was born today! 💜 And I'll forever think of him as my "baby boy" even though he's 26 "I have to get my own health insurance" years old!


My little sharp-dressed brown-eyed bandit when he was narrator for the school play.

And cleaning up pretty good for brother Casey's wedding last fall. Of course, I'm a biased mom and think he looks cute (or handsome, I should say) in every picture. 

Since he's down in the Driftless Region (southwest Wisconsin) this week visiting his GF, I'm celebrating long distance. I will make a suitable cake or trifle upon his return, of course! 

And I wish I would've had time the past few nights to make May Baskets. Maybe I'll just start a new tradition and make June baskets?! I mean, at some point in 2024, I'll have plenty of free time, right?

For now, I'll just enjoy some of the blossoms about town – and my baby boy! 

No comments: