Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Night Watch

We've been so blessed with stunning – and visible – Northern Lights this year, plus many gorgeous sunrises and sunsets. So I was hoping for the trifecta with comet viewing. Comet Tsuchinshan-Atlas, also known as comet A3, is allegedly visible across the U.S. tonight through Oct. 24. 


I must have missed the best viewing opportunity while I was at choir practice because the only Comet I found was under the kitchen sink. Oh c'mon. Someone appreciate my attempt at pun humor!!


I did see an unusual moon though. My camera picked up a ring of light around it. Cool.


But then when I zoomed in, there was nothing unusual about it. Oh well. I still enjoy watching the night sky for the beauty – and the unusual.

If I remember tomorrow, I might see if I can time my viewing to the suggested "just after sunset" time. 

Did any of you see A3? Would love to see what you captured!  📸

No comments: