Saturday, October 5, 2024

Pumpkin Spice Girls on a Spicy Saturday


First Saturday of October means everyone in Wisconsin is embracing pumpkins and fall. There were at least 4 festivals within short driving distance of our houses, by my friend and next-door neighbor Cindy and I hit 2 of them. 

The Nekoosa Giant Pumpkin Fest – which runs tomorrow too – has gotten bigger and bigger each year. This picture is one of the hundred or so vendors. Pretty set-up.

While the top photo is Cindy and I with a large inflated pumpkin, the real pumpkins are really taller than humans – when sitting anyway.

They're so heavy, they can't be perfectly round. They have to be picked up by a forklift to the weighing station.

We just happened to be there when this one weighed in at over a thousand pounds!!

Very proud owner!

Besides craft vendors, food trucks, and competitions, they had some interesting attractions – like this guy who carves these giant pumpkins.

Inspiring but I know I couldn't do it. 

Pretty cool to see him at work!

And it just happens my team at work is going to dress up for Halloween as the Peanuts gang. Someone has dibbs on Snoopy, but I had to buy this hat! When I press the end of those long black cords, his ears go up! Pretty cool.

Also had to stop at our neighbor's Pumpkin Shed business. It was dress-up day for the workers so we got to see some neighbors in their finest!

My golf partner – Sir Zigs and Zags-a-Lot!


And so many pumpkins! Check it out on Deer Road close to the the intersection with 70th Street. 

After I got home, the pumpkins turned me into Cinderella so I got some windows and screens washed since I'd done my dusting and vacuuming before shopping. Then this evening I went to the wedding reception for a friend's daughter marrying a nice young man from my church. 


It just happened a "friend" put a ball and chain on Sam's ankle. I think they both were Ok with it. And I had a great time dancing, too. I consider that a great Saturday.

My spicy sneak peek tells me Sunday will be just as good!

No comments: