Monday, October 7, 2024

Chillin' Out on Monday

When the "wake up and crawl out from under the covers" temperature is technically below freezing, it's time to make a power move.

I walked down the hall and turned on that heat again with no one the wiser. Well, until you could hear the air vents anyway. My promise to the man in the office on the other side of the wall was that I'd shut it off as soon as the house warmed up.

Fast forward to 4 p.m. when I remembered that. At least I was cozy to in my office today – assisted by hot Pumpkin Spice coffee, naturally. 

I also warmed up because we got special visitors after work that washed away all Monday stress-itude. (Not a real word, I know.)

Casey and Emily were visiting from Minnesota and we were excited to see them. But we also were super-duper excited to see our grandpup Rey, who we hadn't seen since their wedding a year ago!!

She was my little helper in the kitchen. I was trying to teach her how to make a trifle, but she was so cute and distracting, I actually forgot a layer and it's not symmetrically pretty. I'll share the images and recipes for my Trifle Tuesday blog tomorrow – if it gets positive reviews. 

I mean it's Pumpkin Spice Trifle so I know at least the birthday girl and I will enjoy it! 

The four of us humans went out to grab a quick bite to eat. It had been awhile since we ate at Tamarack's Pub (formerly Cheers, formerly 19th Hole, and who knows what else), but since it was close to home, we went there so Rey wouldn't be alone too long. We weren't sure if she'd invite the guys in the neighborhood over for a party. But Charlie and Buddy stayed home. As far as we know.

Had a delicious meal and it was great to catch up – much easier to talk across a table then down a row at Target Field. We love having them close by again. And Rey, too, of course! 

She's a big sweetie. And no, I didn't give in to her begging brown eyes. Though Grandma Robyn may have let her lick the Cool Whip-covered spatula! 

Spoil while you can!

No comments: