Sunday, October 6, 2024

London (jet) Bridges Falling Down

It's not often I have to set an alarm to wake up and watch the Vikings. But when I do, it better be worth it. 

And thank-SKOL-ly, today was!

Had to get up early enough to shower and get ready for church before sitting down for the 8:30 a.m. kickoff vs. The Jets in London. It was a great start and it was tough to trade the recliner for a church pew at 9:15 a.m. But witnesses can confirm I did! While I did have my phone on silent during church, I may or may not have been checking the score occasionally. We were kicking butt and I was missing it!

Raced home after to catch the 4th quarter and witness our defense saving our team that seems to be forgetting we play TWO halves. Grr. Thankfully, Aaron Rodgers could not lead his team to comeback victory. He was too close for comfort.

But in the end... we're 5-0, baby!

With an early game, it was the perfect opportunity to take advance of BINGO at Assumption. Didn't win anything but had a good time. 

This was as close as I got to winning the progressive coverall jackpot. Nobody did so that goes up to almost $2,800 in two weeks. It's already on my calendar.

That finished just in time for me to head over the funeral home at 3 p.m. for a visitation for our dear friend Dewey, who lost his battle with cancer last week. Jim was out of town at a Gene Watson concert (you probably have to Google it), so we paid our respects at different times. I found some friends to stand in line with because we have a ton of mutual friends. In fact, so many people, it took me 40 minutes to even get into the building. Obviously, Dewey was a kind, generous, and popular man – who impacted a lot of people in a special way. God, please bless his wonderful wife and family!

When I got home, I had to study a few minutes before heading out to a new type of volunteer work. I was on one of the panels interviewing young ladies (vying for a certain title) so they'd get real life experience answering questions and improving that skill before they face the real deal in a couple weeks. It was very interesting and I had a great time brushing up on those journalistic interview skills of mine! Can't wait to do it again.

For now, I need to brush up on that habit of getting 8 hours of sleep! The wind was so strong today, it blew us way closer to Monday than I was prepared for.

Be careful out there!

No comments: