Monday, August 21, 2023

Swinging For A Good Cause


I know there are all kinds of golf outings that serve as fundraisers. But at my work, out United Way scrambles are pretty big deals. And my regular league night foursome and I were ready to contribute and play at the full-blooming SentryWorld today.

Taking a nod from our U.S. Senior Open champion Bernhard Langer, our team was called Moves Like Langer. Not to be confused with Maroon 5's Moves Like Jagger, quite obviously our inspiration for playing a little air guitar before teeing off on Hole 1.

After 2 heat waves days and at least 3 more predicted this week, I'm not sure how we were blessed with a cloudy 74-degree day. But we'll take it!

Thanks to some extra United Way donations "for pro hits", we were in position to make some decent putts today. I even sunk our albattoss putt and had to create a far superior dance compared to my par dance and birdie dance! And it was. Thankfully, no pictures or video.

Lisa and I held up our part from the women's tees. In the end, we finished 5 under par. Not bad for a day's work, eh? And for a good cause, of course.

The fun thing is that the 4 of us return to SentryWorld tomorrow night for "regular" golf league. I suspect we'll keep the scramble format going just for how fun it is! And that unbelievably great score.

Plus the legit heat wave returns Tuesday so we may want to do it for self-preservation.

Be careful out there this week!

No comments: