Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Well, That's a Few Things I've Never Seen Before

So we'll skip the Biltmore Estate for now since that had a lot of things I've never seen before. But here are a few others...


At Mellow Mushroom Pizza in Asheville they had a saddle on a bear.  I lasted more than 8 seconds, thank you very much.


They also had something cooler than gazing balls in their wall...


Yup. Those are bowling balls!


In a dressing room in Gatlinburg, I was surprised to see a bear watching me. As a result, I grabbed and purchased the wrong size shirt. Stupid bear.


If you think your kids eat cereal with too much sugar, try this one with "no nutritional value" to it!


The same "sweet shop" also had a gummy bear chandelier. Pretty sweet!


Have you ever been on a road ABOVE the clouds? That was a first for me!


We stopped at the overlook just to prove we weren't imagining it!


We did not see elk or bear. If we had, we'd been warned.


We'd also been warned about snakes. But thank the Lord we didn't see any of those!


Purely random chance I saw my first blue butterfly that probably has an official name I obviously don't know. Very cool!


Also saw a bee trying to pollenate some wood. How'd that work for you, Buzz?


And saw a moth staring me down at our vacation home.

Also saw what our North Carolina residents Carter and Mamie thought was a cockroach. That's all I needed to know. And was grateful that was the only one I saw.

Of course we saw some spectacular views too. I'll try to share a few a day as I make my way through the work week. Thankfully we had golf league tonight, too, so my re-entry wasn't all work and no play.

No comments: