Friday, August 18, 2023

TGIFF (Thank God It's Football Friday)? Maybe

I'm not quite ready to think of the fall sports season starting. I mean... where the heck did summer go? But tonight was the season (and home) opener for our Assumption Royals. With only 2 seniors playing and a whopping 10 freshman on the roster, we came away with a resounding victory of 69-0 over Necedah.

Still.... If the famed announcer is asking if I'm ready for some football? The answer is... not quite yet.


I'm still in summer mode! Had a great time golfing with girlfriends last night at TriCity. You know... a summer hobby.


And today, Sylvester enjoyed some time in the sun with the A/C off (me too) and a  real live breeze coming through the screen.


She also sat on the swing with me after work and it just happened that the neighbor was walking his dogs. When she heard him calling their names, she looked at me and said, "Are dogs really that stupid?" Of course she has a mind of her own because she's, well, Princess Poops-A-Lot or Pukes-A-Lot. No matter the title, she let the dogs pass by and didn't hiss.


And in the end, whether we were ready or not... it was football season. And a good start at that! 

No comments: