Saturday, August 12, 2023

Wild Things in the 'Hood

Today was a free day. As in no definite plans but a few things we wanted to do. First off was a pre-wedding shopping for Casey's wedding. The dad and step-mom of the groom have to look good after all – without stealing the spotlight off of Em, of course. So we found ourselves in Point and Wausau. And I just thought these clouds looked wild and cool on the way home. Feel free to continue scrolling if you don't agree.


The next wild thing was a family of 3 deer. Only the young buck with emerging horns dared to stare me down in my car. Glad the momma and fawn crossed to safety before I got close!

Then there was the mail I got. Allegedly from my famous fox I photographed during the U.S. Senior Open. But...

I recognized my momma's handwriting. Sly as a fox, she is! And obviously you know where I get my clever tongue from!

The other wildlife today was freaking bees. Again! This time, hubby spotted them in the back patio, building a pretty large home on the patio chairs we obviously haven't used this summer. Maybe I should've been spending more time out there but after last summer's snake-a-palooza, I have refrained from setting foot back there. So another trip to Ace Hardware for the good stuff... and the brave next-door neighbor sprayed it to oblivion this evening.


I was busy watching the fun and wild excitement of the Shermalot Water Ski Show Team exhibition. I'll have to sort through pictures and share later. Due to those cool clouds I mentioned earlier, it got dark pretty quick. I'm sure I got a few good shots before the gorgeous sunset.

Hope you're enjoy the beauty – and wild things – this weekend!


No comments: