Friday, April 20, 2007

Anatomy of Grey's

Friday wouldn't be complete without a download of last night's "Grey's Anatomy." Thankfully, there was FINALLY a new episode this week so we had something to talk about ... and gush over and analyze and make predictions for next week ...

Our courtesy rule at work is that if someone didn't get a chance to watch it (how dare they?!), then we don't talk about it -- at least not while they are within earshot. That's tough to do, especially after a good episode!

As luck (and my crazy schedule) would have it, I wasn't home to watch last night. I still don't have Jim trained to use the VCR so that wasn't an option. Thankfully, they invented this wonderful new tool called online episodes!

Not wanting to be the spoiler of our female bonding time today, I got up at 5:15 a.m. so I could shower then drool over my cereal -- and still get to work on time. You gotta admire commitment, right?!

This light obsession with a television show reminds me of a LONG time ago when my girlfriends Kristin and Laura and I would plan our social lives around "Knots Landing" on Thursday nights. It gave us something to do together, talk about for days after and the days leading up to the next episode.

And so it is with Grey's. The neighborhood moms watch it and a good portion of the female population at work does as well. We love it!

And what's not to love? Where else can you escape to a completely fictitious land of McDreamys and McSteamys who fall in love with slightly dysfunctional career women with perfect hair and bodies?!

Oh wait, there's something about that dysfunctional part that reflects a bit of reality!

No comments: