Wednesday, April 11, 2007

April showers ...

There's something wrong with this picture: This morning, while my husband and son were searching for soccer cleats and shin guards for practice tonight, I was looking for my mittens and the ice scraper. Turns out, we didn't need the soccer gear -- not today anyway.

We're sitting in the middle of a lovely April shower -- of snow. There's a storm system that dropped 7 inches on the Dakotas and could dump 10 inches on Wisconsin by morning. This is one of those cases where I'd love for the weatherman to be wrong.

I'm tired of winter. In fact, I'm tired of saying I'm tired of winter. I just want it to be over. They say there are two seasons in Wisconsin: winter and road construction. Well bring on the graders and bulldozers!

I guess I got spoiled recently with the beautiful weather in Texas. Now, I just want it to be sunny and springy here! I have some serious concerns about losing my tan -- not to mention, it sucks to drive in this slushy, slippery crap.

Plus, Jim pointed out he put the snowblower away so we'll have to shovel when this is over. I think we'll have to make a concerted effort to dig the red machine out of the back corner of the garage.

I'm convinced Wisconsin "springs" are the reason someone invented snowblowers in the first place. For those who don't have one, they invented shovels and chiropractors. I saw my chiropractor last week. I'd rather wait another 7 or 8 months to see the snowblower!

Maybe my sister has an extra room she could rent in Longhorn Country ...

No comments: