Friday, April 6, 2007

TGIGF

It's probably kind of strange to start a blog on Good Friday. Maybe it's because Lent is coming to an end and it's that time of year when we think about what's important in our lives. I love to write and express my creativity so why not start a blog?! It's never too late to jump on the blog bandwagon, right? Seize the day!

Sounds good, but most likely the reason I started a blog today is because it's one of those tumbleweed Fridays at work. Half the people took the day off and the rest of us don't feel like working. Now and then we find ourselves breaking away from real work to talk about those far more important things like our children or "Grey's Anatomy." Since "Grey's" was a repeat last night, we turned to solving the world's problems and finding answers to those perplexing questions like "What's 'good' about Good Friday?" and "How come we always say we're going to write a book and none of us have?"

As a writer at heart but editor by trade, I wondered that, too. My husband and I talk about how we can retire early as soon as one of us sells our book and we make it big. We can only joke about it, though, since neither of us has written word one in anything resembling a book ... or novel .... or short story.

My solution? Baby steps. I'll start with a itty bitty blog in my itty bitty world to get my creative juices flowing. Once they are flowing, running and creating rapids, we can move on. In the meantime, I welcome you to join me as I observe the light side of life through the eyes of a working mother hooked on scrapbooking, "Grey's" and her 8-year-old's smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No comments? Somebody has got to be first and it might as well be me. First, I always try to be first, first child of eight; first in class (of course I didn't quite make it); first in my job as manager; first to express my opinion; first to stick up for the underdog (take after my mother in that aspect); first to live away from a tight family for any length of time; first and only one of eight in the family to not have any children. Gosh, I'm first in many aspects. What does it mean? A lot of times not much! This is my first time viewing a blog, thanks Robyn for getting my creative (?) juices flowing.