Tuesday, April 17, 2007

It's a Small World

OK, I honestly am not going for a Disney theme this week with "It's a Small World." From what I hear from people who have gone to Disney, the song gets downright annoying after hearing it for the 100th time!

-----

Ever notice how small the world seems these days thanks to the Internet? Information is right at our fingertips -- and so are people!

A strange thing happened a few weeks ago. I was looking up a Web site emailed to me by my sister. To my surprise, it was a site managed by a woman (Julie Bowe) who was a camp counselor with me 20 years ago. Thanks to the "contact me" button, I was able to email her and reconnect.

It was great to see what paths our lives had taken since the carefree days at Luther Point Bible Camp. Coincidentally, we both have followed publishing careers. She was especially pleased to report that her first book, seven years in the making, has been published. Kudos! I am so jealous -- and so proud of her!

In fact, much of her site, www.juliebowe.com, is dedicated to the release of her children's book, "My Last Best Friend." The book is a funny middle-grade novel in which 4th-grader Ida May is determined not to make a new best friend, despite the best efforts of the new girl in the class.

If you happen to live in Northwest Wisconsin, you can meet Julie tonight at 7 p.m. for a reading and book signing at Borders Books & Music, 4030 Commonwealth Ave., Eau Claire.

The book is also available from www.amazon.com, www.barnesandnoble.com and wherever fine books are sold.

Best of luck, Julie!

I'm glad it's a small world so we could find each other again. It's also inspiring to see small dreams turning into big realities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your post, Robyn -- for your good thoughts about my book and for sharing my good news! I had a great book launch at Borders last night. I posted a little recap and a few photos at my blog if you care to take a peek: http://juliebowe.livejournal.com/

I'm so glad we reconnected after all these years! :)

Thanks again,
Julie