Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter B-B-B-unny

Wind chill. Two words the Easter Bunny didn't want to hear this year. I can picture teeth chattering and cottontail shivering. Wait, I don't have to pretend to picture it ... I lived it.

As predicted, it was windy and cold, but sunny, yesterday for our annual Easter egg hunt. Five of us did the hiding. Our hands were frozen by the time we were done. We just hustled our bunny tails around the yard, hiding eggs where could and often chucking the candy in the air and letting it fall where it may. That's what happens when everyone brings too much candy! We run out of hiding places and, with the wind chill, I was not trying to get creative about finding new ones.

The hunt itself was done in record time, too. Twenty-seven of us scurrying around grabbing eggs and candy off cars, fence posts, tree branches and the old swingset. I laid claim to two peanut butter eggs and I was OK with that. The boys filled their bags and the Easter Bunny visited out hotel last night, too. I see tummy aches or cavities in the near future.

To exercise our brains at least, we played games into the evening. Sometime I'll tell you about all the great group games we play. On yesterday's docket, the "kids" played Texas Hold 'em and a group of 8 of us played Mexican Train Dominoes -- a new game I learned and my parents learned while visiting Texas. It's a fun game of strategy, timing and luck. I'm a bit competitive and was pleased to be in the lead, going head to head with my nephew Tim. We were so engrossed in our battle for the win, we didn't pay attention to who was in third place. In the final round, we both took a dive and my nephew David sneaked ahead of us and won.

I told him it was like the "Tortoise and the Hare" story. Probably appropriate for Easter. ... I hope yours was a blessed one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is AWESOME! you do such a GREAT job at everything you do. I'm not being overly nice since I'm your Loving Sister, make that beautiful twin. Glad to see your work. Keep it up. I may be inspired to let my creativity flow also.