Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Red Sky in Morning...

When I turned onto Deer Road just before 7 this morning, I saw a colorful sunrise. Not so much the clouds today, but the sun. I stopped to take a picture with my phone and really zoomed in. It was a definite red sky.

According to all the fokelore, a red sky mean's take warning... Or a red sunrise actually can mean that a high pressure system (good weather) has already passed, thus indicating that a storm system (low pressure) may be moving to the east. A morning sky that is a deep, fiery red can indicate that there is high water content in the atmosphere. So, rain could be on its way.

I zoomed out and it ended up looking more orange and yellow – not red really – so I figured we were in for an OK day.

Not that I had anything outdoors planned anyway. But a bunch of us marketing writers did eat outside in the courtyard for lunch today. So it was nice that the red sky at morning wasn't too much of a warning.

After work, I had to deliver some senior photos (on flashdrive) and then had choir practice. With my tight time schedule, I skipped our monthly Girls' Night Out, but just happened to catch a few still gathering on my way home. 

Yup. Ignore that Farmers' Almanac B.S. and just enjoy each day to the fullest! No matter what the color is!

No comments: