Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Dust to dust

I scolded Carter last night for drawing on the coffee table. No, he wasn't using a crayon or marker. He was using his finger -- creating a visual masterpiece with the thin layer of dust.

I should have scolded myself. It's obviously time to clean ... although that table is made out of some strange magnetic material that attracts dust. I'm serious. And our TV is the same way.

I do realize that yes, I need to grab a dusting cloth and wipe down the room one of these days soon. Probably sooner so I don't see a "Wash Me" popping up somewhere.

As timing would have it, though, I received a fact-filled e-mail today -- call it divine intervention -- about reasons we shouldn't dust! I think I forwarded it to everyone in my address book!

Basically, it states that we shouldn't waste precious time dusting and cleaning when we should be out living life! When people come to our houses, they want to see US and hear about how we are living our lives. They're not going to do a white-glove test (unless it's your mother or mother-in-law ... then it would be best to grab the Swiffer cloths before their arrival ).

I think the message is great. Of course, my house shouldn't be a pigsty. It should just look "lived in" and be lived in.

Yes, I will dust tonight. But it's a good thing I didn't do it any sooner. What would Carter have used for his creative outlet?!

No comments: