Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Lazy days of spring?

I love the smell of fresh-cut grass. The problem is that we have to actually cut the grass to get it.

We have about an acre lot. I seriously don’t mind pushing the mower around the front and side yards. I actually volunteer on sunny days so I can multi-task: mowing, tanning and walking all at the same time.

The backyard is another story. Thanks to some friendly moles, it’s like a dozen land mines went off back there. It is very lumpy mowing and hard to push. I am still recovering from mowing three days ago. (Cue the violins, please.)

With my chronic back problems, I usually just leave the backyard to my big, strong husband. But I was trying to be nice this weekend since he was suffering from allergies. I never did finish and now I’m sitting here at the computer, avoiding the physical labor and, essentially, watching the grass grow.

Short-term solution: I gave Jim some allergy medicine so he can finish. I realize, though, this is my responsibility, so I am hoping it will be sunny after work tomorrow so I can tackle it before I need a scythe.

Long-term solution: I’m hoping our friendly woodchuck will chase away the moles so we can have our yard back!

It also would be nice if someone invented a candle with the fresh-cut grass smell. (Heck, they’ve got them for everything else!) That way I can burn the candle while relaxing in the hot tub and feel like I’ve accomplished something without moving one lazy bone in my lazy body. Ahhh …

No comments: