Sunday, September 9, 2007

The latest 'buzz'

It wasn't so long ago I wrote that summer was basically over now -- no matter what the calendar says. Case in point: At this moment I am waiting for the electric mattress pad to warm up my side of the bed!

Another sign is that soccer started yesterday and tonight we said goodbye to the summer Mohawk. Both were experiences I was glad to put behind me, believe me.

The first soccer game had both Jim and I shaking our heads, wondering how Carter forgot so much about the game over the summer. He wouldn't stay in his position and wondered why, after running up, down and all over the field, he was tiring out. We finally quit yelling and let the coach take over. Sometimes kids don't listen to their parents anyway (wait a minute, now I know I've written that before!).

We honestly didn't care if they won the game. We just wanted Carter to learn something from it -- like the need to do his part for the team. The thing is, he has this incredible kick. That ball flies after leaving his foot. So of course, some teammate tells him after the game: "You're good!" Then I wonder if he remembers what the coach told him about playing his position. Stay tuned. More games to come ...

This week is school pictures already so Carter asked me to shave off his Mohawk and even out his hair. It was his idea, honest! As much as I fought the idea at first, it kind of grew into a stylish look on him. He didn't really spike it that often anyway. So now it's nicely trimmed and he's back to "normal."

I will have you know that while I was buzzing it, he asked, "What's a mullet?" I swear it's true! I bet my sister heard my groan all the way down in Texas! Needless to say, I kept on buzzing and there will be NO poll about whether Carter should get that 'do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, your sister is Texas was in Utah on Sunday. but I AM groaning now, because I feel really old or out-of-it.... what's a mullet?