Friday, September 21, 2007

The McCountdown

Jim has today off so I drove to work on my own. You know what that means ... MY music at MY volume. So naturally I listened to my new Grey's Anatomy Soundtrack for probably the 10th time since Volume 3 came out last week. (No exaggeration.)

Next week is the season premiere for Grey's and its new spin-off show, Private Practice, which I haven't decided yet if I am going to invest in. Yes, invest. I really don't watch TV except for Grey's and, of course, football, baseball and occasionally golf. But boy did I catch grief about it last night.

I was mentioning to Jim that I was planning to go to a girlfriend's house next Thursday to watch the premiere. Carter pipes up, "Mom, why does your life revolve around Grey's Anatomy? I just don't get it!"

First of all, it's hard not to be mildly obsessed with McDreamy and McSteamy. (Can you blame me?) But, wow. I can't believe I have to defend watching just one hour of television a week. Thankfully, Daddy came to my defense, too. We had to point out Carter watches TV every night -- shows he's watched a hundred times (OK, maybe a little exaggeration but we had to get the point across!).

So I wonder what will happen if I do start watching the spin-off show, too. I mean that's two whole hours of MY time a week. Then, according to the 9-year-old, I will probably be completely obsessed.

Funny how he doesn't say that when we spend two hours at church and Sunday School each week. That's probably what we should be obsessed about ... though I can't imagine calling Ken and Steve my McPastors ...

No comments: