Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Just Ducky

As it happened, I was checking out a bunch of my senior portrait locations yesterday and I happened upon this flock.


My first instinct was to laugh. Because I pictured how my sisters and me – the Hen House – must look when we're "conversing."


But then they all turned toward me and my first thought was "They're going to attack me or, at a minimum, hiss at me!" My second thought was, "Wow! They're all in a row!"

It's so funny that we all hold ourselves to the standard that we should have our "ducks in a row." Most times, I'm guessing, we might see our ducks but have no idea what to do with them! Thankfully, these guys (or ladies) didn't come after me.


Instead, they picked up a new friend and headed in the opposite direction! If you're like me, sometimes we need these signs that we can find a better place if we switch directions.

Or pause and realize that sometimes, nature is a "silly goose" or duck! 

What feels natural to you? What makes you laugh unabashedly at the absurd moment? What makes you want to follow "your" ducks even if they're headed in the wrong direction?

Just praying we all get our ducks in a row at some point!

No comments: