Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Work-Life Balance


What is work-life balance? Work-life balance is typically defined as the amount of time you spend doing your job versus the amount of time you spend doing what's important (or fun) to you outside of work, whether that is with loved ones or pursuing personal interests and hobbies.

Sometimes you can do both.

It just happened that today by some coincidence our boss is on vacation all week and "someone" commandeered the TV remote to have a "balance" of news and Hallmark. How strange.

Unfortunately, my work space is facing the other way, so I could only catch this "balanced" work atmosphere when I swiveled my chair.

Which, of course I did!

Next time I need the closed captioning on so I know when it's the falling in love part versus the conflict with 20 minutes to go versus the resolution with 3 minutes to kiss to the end.

Not that Hallmark Christmas movies are predictable – even Christmas in July.

After work, I continued the "life balance" with book club. Nothing beats homemade pizza and friends talking about a good read. In this case – The Frozen River.

I figure I'll keep the balance tipped to LIFE for the rest of the evening. That's the smart and healthy decision, right?

No comments: