Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Countdown to Texas

When Carter and I went to Texas for Spring Break, we had a countdown on the wall for more than a month. Every night after Carter brushed his teeth, he could mark an X over the number, putting us that much closer to the day we'd go visit my sister and brother-in-law deep down in Pharr.

I found out 10 days ago that I get to go to Texas again. This time it's for work, but anyone who knows me knows that "working" at a scrapbooking convention will be more like play than work for me! Unfortunately, I won't get to see Rayna and Paul because Arlington is still a whole state of Wisconsin away from Pharr!

I'll be pretty busy anyway. They are expecting at least 12,000 scrappers at the Great American Scrapbook Convention. What is it? It's a convention to help educate consumers about scrapbooking products and how to use them. We offer classes from beginning to advanced levels, on topics ranging from paper and accessories to page layouts and imprinting. And there's cropping parties!

I know I will be busy WORKING and taking tickets or doing customer service, but I can still LOOK, get inspired or maybe even SHOP! Can you tell I am excited?

I didn't even have time to start a countdown. But I can tell you my plane takes off in less than 12 hours so I better get packin' and get some sleep (like that's gonna happen). Instead of counting sheep, I'll be counting down the hours to go ... 10... 9... 8... 7...

No comments: