Sunday, June 10, 2007

Scrap-topia

OK, my husband thinks scrapbooking is a cult and, after 3 full days with thousands of scrappers, I'm leaning towards agreeing.

Well, not really.

I got home today from the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Arlington, Texas. It was awesome! My employer owns and runs the show so I actually "worked" there and I didn't get to participate in the way I would have liked. However, I was still part of the buzz and excitement that surrounds a girls' weekend away to shop and crop 'til you drop.

Part of what I enjoyed was seeing all of the different scrapbooking T-shirts these women were wearing. Yes, that's probably the first sign (or one of many) that it is a cult!

One of my favorites was worn by a group of women from Texas who had been getting together regularly for a year to scrapbook. The T-shirt showed a scissors cutting out the shape of Texas and around the border it said: "Neglecting housework to scrapbook since 2006!"

Love it! Some of my other favorites (and you'd have to be a scrapbooker to understand them) were:

"If it's not in the scrapbook, it's didn't happen."
"Phi Kappa Croppa: A sisterhood of scrappers"
"Girls gone ('wild' was X'd out) scrapbooking"
"Life is simple: Eat, sleep, scrap"
"Holy Scrap!" (I bought some sweats with that phrase.)

And the tie-dye T-shirt I wore home on the airplane today: "You say psycho scrapper like it's a bad thing!"

OK, OK. I'm ready to be committed.

No comments: