Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Back to Choir


Despite being 7 (yes 7) years removed from the school year calendar, it's still kinds of drives our schedule.

For hubby, it's keeping stats at the Assumption High School football games. For me, it's senior portrait sessions – and the return to church choir practice.

Tonight's agenda? Jim golfing again while daylight cooperated and me attending church choir practice. And no, I'm not an amazing singer like my husband. But dang, it's fun and  – as Charlie Brown and Schroeder attest – brings me joy.

We had a small group for our first night. But it was so fun to be back with "my people" and joke around a bit and sing, of course.

I applaud all of you who find "your people" in some hobby or group. Keep doing it. I think it keeps us all positive and boosts our self-esteem.

Frankly, no matter how many notes we sing (or not), we're all pretty amazing. Remind yourself!

No comments: