Monday, September 4, 2023

Hot Wheels

The heat wave continues for this un-official end of summer Labor Day weekend. To beat the heat, I had some strategy on my side.

Do a senior photo shoot during a little after sunrise. Then go see our nephew Colin race at Golden Sands – allegedly BEFORE the hot spot of the day.

Well, when it's hot as helling dustballs, you do what you can.

Had a great photo session with Mister "I Will Flex For You" Jacob! Fun to have some water shots at his uncle's place on the Lake Camelot chain. Great family and great kid!


Then onto the races. Colin got fast time and let my sweet grand-niece roll the dice for his position. Even though he started in row 6 (11th), he ended up finishing 5th!


Awesome job, kiddo!

Tonight we pretty much stayed in the A/C. I made tacos for supper and some special treats for work this week. Then I found out my 15 minutes of fame at the U.S. Senior Open extended another minute. Well, maybe 3 seconds.



NHL MVP Joe Pavelski included my birthday shot in his instagram story. I may be fan-girling a bit right now!! 

In other words... returning to the office to work tomorrow will be hella boring. Sorry, not sorry, coworkers! 

Hope you had a great Labor Day weekend as well!

No comments: