Sunday, September 10, 2023

Work Hard, Play Hard, Nap Hard

Today was our annual "work day" at my church. And a lot of Lutheran churches. We call it God's Work, Our Hands and we spend the morning doing service work at a few locations. 

Today we had teams at two elementary schools doing indoor and outdoor improvements, doing yard work at an elderly member's home, painting and cleaning at The Family Center, and a team putting school kits and hygiene kits for Lutheran World Relief, along with some quilters boxing up their donations. Lots to do and lots of hard work. Proud to be a part of it – even though I was just the roving photographer. 

Before I left church, I thought taking a picture of our Viking color-themed stained glass window would bring some luck to the season opener. That didn't work.


I even had a pregame huddle with Mr. Skol Man on the front deck and that didn't work either. 

We probably jinxed it since we could actually watch it on TV because the Packers had the late game. And I couldn't stay awake the whole game. I know – it was a noon game! At halftime, I tipped back my recliner and put a blanket over my head to shut out the light and just like that, I was out like a light.

I woke up and it was the 4th quarter. So I can defend my team's outcome today since I'm not sure what all went wrong. I sure needed that nap, though!

After the game, I worked a few hours (still behind from being out of town a week), and shed my purple clothes for black.

We had some friends in town and we met them for dinner at Ida's at 5:30 p.m. Didn't realize that was such a popular hangout for Packers games. Ugh. Pretty loud in there with all that cheering. But we had a nice visit with Jim's former college roommate and his wife. And hopefully we'll connect with them again soon.

Home by dark (which comes way too early) and I may have to turn on my mattress pad. It's definitely football weather!

No comments: