Saturday, September 30, 2023

October-Fest Eve


If you look at the calendar, we still have a few hours before October. Yet, there sure was a lot of October-Festing going on. I guess since most of my day was seasonally related, I was festing, too.

Took a road trip to Waupaca with my friend Marigene. I didn't have any furniture shopping advice to give her, but sometimes it's just fun to have someone along for the ride. After visiting Stange's, where I got some inspiration for next home improvements, we headed north of town to Christiansen's Orchard.


This wasn't a pick-your-own gig.


They had lots of interesting varieties bagged up, along with various jams, jellies, and apple cider.


All I could think was that I don't have a kitchen right now to do any baking. So...


I bought one of their fabulous-looking apple pies. Still gotta get some vanilla ice cream tomorrow. Then I'll dig into it.

Jim had choir up in Rudolph this afternoon, but when we got home we headed to Whiskey Rapids Saloon to meet some friends for their Oktoberfest celebration.


Caught a few tunes from the Ultimate Polka Band from Stevens Point. Then it switched over to a country band.


Blame it on Waylon is an amazing regional band. Could've listened to them all night but my stinkin' allergies are still messing with me. Still don't fell 100% so wisely called it an early night. Maybe instead of fall allergies, these are just September ones.

I guess it's time to welcome October! Everybody's doing it.

No comments: