Sunday, October 1, 2023

Hello, HOT-ober!


Pretty sure I've given up on keeping up with Mother Nature's mood swings. Crying for days on end and now she's having hot flashes. If I didn't know any better, I'd think she was my age and we were tackling this stage of life together! 

You understand now why "the change" is not all pretty leaves and apples and pumpkins?!

After having the heat on last week, I can't believe it got to 87 (at least) in Wisconsin Rapids.


I fact it was already about 80 degrees at 11 a.m. so Sylvester and I sat out on the swing for our pregame warmup. (Since the Pack played Thursday night our boys were on TV here for once.) About halftime, when the Vikings were bumbling their way around North Carolina, we almost went back outside.

But they're like a bad accident. You can't drive by without looking. No matter how ugly the scene.

Now, I'm glad we did. Since we finally FINALLY got our first win of the season! If you though the drought this summer was long. It wasn't 10 months long! So yay. SKOL!

Thankfully it cooled down to reasonable 80s temps by 4:30 p.m. when I had a senior photo shoot. I mean I love hot weather, but I don't want my subjects melting – especially after they purposely waited until FALL for pictures. 

We made it work, though. Got some cool baseball ones and then out to some fields for more fall-like pictures. Including this winner...


I was taking some bow hunting pictures and saw the fall colors in the sky and had a different idea. No, you can't see this kiddo's face, but I thought it was pretty kick-ass anyway! Can't wait to go through the rest but, hey, that 3-day weekend sped by. The alarm returnith tomorrow.

Let's have a good October! Keep it real, Mother Nature!

No comments: