Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Move Over, Leaves... There's Other Fall Color

The first thing I noticed this morning was the freezing temperature. I mean literally freezing at 32 degrees. Normally that wouldn't matter, but my car was parked outside since my side of the garage has equipment from the builders. 

My windows were frosted over and I had a heckuva time remembering at 6:50 a.m. where I put my ice scraper after last winter. There's something wrong when you have both ice scraper and golf clubs in your car, isn't there?


The next thing I noticed as I was heading east was that I was in for one colorful sunrise! It was floor to ceiling pink paint and only got pinker as the minutes went by!

So here's me traveling north with my window open, feeling the 32 degrees and trying to snap pictures of this glorious view. I couldn't stop because there were cars behind me. So this is a 55 mph view of the sunrise just before 7 a.m. And since it's mostly blurry, it almost looks like a painting. How cool is that?

I didn't realize there'd be so many colors competing for autumn's attention! But I was just smiling and feeling blessed the whole way to work.

Then this evening, God and Mother Nature switched up the palette and provided some orange in the sunset.

How cool is it to live somewhere where the leaves and clouds change into glorious colors at the same time?!

P.S. Remind me of that when I gripe about living in the Wisconsin this winter!

No comments: