Saturday, October 21, 2023

Spooky Sweetest Day :: Redheads, Black Cats, and Witches


I noticed a pop of color in our backyard yesterday before we left town. Sauntered down there this morning to take a picture before the trees got naked.


When I realized it was two redheads back there, I definitely had to take a picture! I told hubby (a redhead fan) that I got these for him for Sweetest Day, but he insists his hands are already full. Ha. I'll keep them that way!

We had company today anyway. 

My sister Rayna came down to visit. She has now officially moved from Arizona to Wisconsin, living in Siren again – close to two sisters and our mom. She was visiting friends the last few days and made our house part of her tour! So great to see her and catch up.


To get some fresh (but crisp) air, we walked over to the neighborhood Pumpkin Shed and checked out their fun decorations and inventory. Lots of neat stuff. Get there if you can – Deer Road and 70th Street.


Decided to take our picture by one of the inflatable decorations. Are there 3 witches or just that 1? No need to answer. But we do have a family joke from when we were young and our dad would say, "Get to bed with yas." And it sounded like "Get to bed, witches." Maybe we were hearing it wrong. Or maybe right?!

I bought a black cat pumpkin that could be Sylvester! Perfect pumpkin – it's cute and I don't have to carve it!

After Jim got home from singing up at Rudolph church, we went to eat nearby at The Ridges. Saw a few friends and had a great meal. Now we're all so stuffed we could fall asleep.

Almost time to get to bed, witches! 

No comments: