Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Tricks AND Treats

Happy Halloween! I just gotta say to all you pumpkin spice haters who were griping in August, having the Christmas season arrive on Halloween is even worse!


My first reaction this morning was: "Well, frost my pumpkin! It's Halloween!"


It was still dark when I headed to work, so I couldn't get a picture of all the snow in the yard, but I was the first traveler on our road heading east. Yikes. Not a fun TRICK for Halloween.


We did have TREATS at work, though, Some mildly spooky...


Some scary gross... but still delicious if you closed your eyes and remembered it was just vanilla wafer cookies in disguise!

It kept snowing through the morning. This is the view from our cafeteria. I realize you all got it way worse up north – with icy roads and such. I only saw one semi jack-knifed in the ditch on my way to work, so I counted myself fortunate.


For fun, our writing team dressed up. I mean I count a "Pumpkin Spice, Spice, Baby" t-shirt a costume – especially since Darcey (lower right) brought extra witches hats!


We make a fierce-looking coven, don't we? And we're writers so we can SPELL! You've been warned.

I told my friend Tom it was cannibalism for him to be dressed like a banana then eat a banana. But anything goes on Halloween, I guess. Side note: He's bananas!

Jim and I are both home now to greet trick-or-treaters. Last year we had one family of 4 and this year we've had the cute 2-year-old neighbor girl so far and that's it. I hope we get a few more.

Though I wouldn't complain about leftover Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, would you?

Have a BOO-tiful Halloween! 

No comments: