Tuesday, October 10, 2023

WTH Squared (What the Heck, Where's the Hanky)

I knew I should've express ordered my Homer Hanky for this second round of the playoffs. Now, I'll be lucky if it arrives before it's all done. And dang, we needed that extra Hanky support today!

I will acknowledge that most of you don't care, but still... I'm writing about it because getting beyond game one in the post-season is still feeling like a dream. Especially when I witnessed every minute of our 1987 and 1991 World Series wins. And needed MORE.


Today was a 3:07 p.m. start time. That's dumb. But my boss let me switch one of our news stations to the game. It was great until the Astros came out hot in the first inning and I remembered I couldn't swear at the TV like I do at home. 

So I definitely left a few minutes early. LOL

Only to see us collapse and lose 9-1. Hey guys, just because we're in Minnesota doesn't mean we have to choke like our purple counterparts. Just sayin'.

So I'm declaring tomorrow Twins Win Wednesday. It has a magical ring to it, doesn't it? 

And now I'm going to de-stress again by watching The Voice. Again. It sure would be nice if I didn't have any de-stressing to do! C'mon, Twins. Let's do this! 

Even without the newest Homer Hanky in hand, I still believe in you!

No comments: