Thursday, October 26, 2023

Generous Rewards


If anyone claims people who work in marketing have the most fun, then yup, they're right. But sometimes we have to earn the fun.

We recently had our United Way campaign at work and since 100% of our 60-person department participated, our generosity was rewarded with a special event. In this case: Beer and BINGO. Well, beer, other beverages, BINGO and the all important pizza!!


I've just gotta say that after last week's failure at axe-throwing, I redeemed myself.

I got a BINGO when we had to form the letter S. And won a fabulous prize of campfire marshmallow roasting sticks. This is definitely my sport! I mean if axe-throwing and bowling are sports, then surely BINGO belongs in that same category.

I also tried my hand at BAGS (aka Corn Hole, aka Bean Bag Toss) and I sunk a few in the hole. There was much rejoicing – mainly by novice me – but still it was fun.

Got home and all the cabinets and our new wall border are installed. I'd love to show pictures, but I think I'll wait until countertops hopefully are installed in the next week to show a sincere "before and after"! So far, we love, love it.

It's like I can't stop winning! Bring on my much-earned 3-day weekend.

No comments: