Sunday, October 29, 2023

Wonder-SKOL Sunday

 Wake-up temps were at the freezing mark, but I never did feel cold today. Even after 6 or 7 hours outdoors. This indoor NFL fan can handle the elements after all. Especially in close quarters during tailgating and the game.

I picked up my friend and host and ticket-giver Dave at 7 a.m. and we made our way to Green Bay.


Even though they (Packers) claim their border battle is really with the Bears, the made special buttons for today. Thank you!


Dave and I before the battle. I loved his Halloween hat. But that was it. 


I immediately ran into some Vikings fans face-painting each other so I felt good I was not the only Vikings fan in the Packers tailgating area.


Then I saw more and thought: This is going to be a good day!


This is my friend's Lot 1 setup. I designated myself as the person who took people's phones to take pictures of them doing the shot-ski. That was fun.


And as for dressing up, it got crazy and cool. Here's Dave with the friendly minion.


Meanwhile, I only posed when I could cover up the ugly G on his midsection. I'm strategic!


I thought this was a highly clever Halloween snack display!


Hi Vikings fan. OMG those are legit upper-body tattoos of Viking things. Wow.


And this guy was a scary Vikings fan but had a wife who dressed similarly as a Packers fan. Does Halloween matter? I don't think so.


Of course you know this guy from TV. I decided to pose with him for my siblings who are Packers fans.


Then, even smiled to be nice. LOL.


And then met lots of cool Vikings fans. Go bald and bold, I say!


Hello, SKOL Vader!


I'm pretty sure we're both on the Dark Side when we're at Lambeau!


Random Joe Exotic sighting.


And yes, I met Eddie Lacy and he says hi to my family and friends who are legit Packers fans! 


My friend and co-worker Hannah and I were able to tailgate together for all of 3 minutes before it was time to head in.


Cute couple. Sorry your day wasn't as good as mine!


When I see some purple and gold flowers going in, I know it's a good sign. And it was.


Badger Marching Band playing National Anthem!


Flyover one.


Flyover two.


Game time!


Our seat views. In comfortable Club Seats with backs and cupholders. Nice.


I could see action!


Game-time temp. Thank goodness for the hand warmers. I never did need the foot warmers. Yay!


A little touchcown play.


Badgers at halftime. You rock!


As you heard media outlets predict, there were a lot of Vikings fans at Lambeau today. And it was exciting to participate in our SKOL chant in the 4th quarter!


Yup we won! And was a privilege to witness in person. Thankfully there were 2 other Vikings fans within high-five distance so I felt OK celebrating the win!


And the UW Marching Band played a 5th quarter, so that was a treat too! 

Of course, driving into the sunset was a treat onto its own. Hope you enjoyed it. Or at least some part of your Sunday.

No comments: