Friday, October 27, 2023

In the End, I Think of Grandma


As far as days off go, it wasn't that exciting. It was more like a "let's put things in our new cabinets" ... bookended by funerals.

Our morning funeral was for the mother of a classmate of hubby's and the grandmother of a co-worker of mine. The final song was "How Great Thou Art," which always reminds me of Grandma Minnie (above) and her funeral  – the first time I saw my dad cry. So, I always cry when I sing it!

The second sad event of the day was a visitation for Jim's sister's father-in-law Tom Reffner. That was quite a big crowd – including several former well-known racing buddies. Our thoughts are with my sister-in-law, hubby, and son Colin – our nephew who was inspired to race thanks to Grandpa Tom.

A lot of emotion today. Wasn't expecting to re-live moments with Grandma Minnie and my dad. Hope they're enjoying some more uplifting music – a polka maybe? – in heaven together!

As always, I urge you to hug the loved ones you have near!

No comments: