Wednesday, November 1, 2023

NO-vember


Well, November arrived today. Acting all cool. Too cool. Here I thought it was a balmy 22 degrees when I left my garage, but when the temperature kept dropping as I drove in the "real world," I had to take a picture at a stop sign down the road. Dang, that's super chill.

At least it wasn't snowing on my commute like yesterday. Thanks, Mother Nature, for small favors.

Of course, after yesterday's Spooky BOO-fay, we had treats leftover. I guess my diet is in transition (above), just like my body.

I'm fully aware that while my body is in the 55 mph speed limit, my metabolism has hit a mall parking lot speed limit of maybe 10 mph. And that's being generous. Trust me, I've seen the pictures.

So in my mind, I thought I should make this NO-vember. Like say NO to sugar, sweets, and bad decisions. My mind said that this morning but I'm eating popcorn for supper between a chiropractic appointment and choir practice as we speak, so maybe my mind needs to pump up the volume.

I know I can't completely fight this "transition" time in life, but darned if I'm not gonna try. I'm sure there's no magic cures, but thankfully there's a handful of people or so that love me as I am. 

I just have convince myself that my self-worth isn't dependent on whether a Reeses's pumpkin or Christmas tree makes an appearance in my daily choices. Maybe I'm just that sweet! 

Wish me luck in NO-vember!  

No comments: