Monday, November 6, 2023

Monday is the New Winds-Day

So the Monday afternoon conversation started with an observation of the non-November temperatures and the fact the sun was shining. A great day for one more round of golf. Except we were both working – borth from home today.

But you know, hubby runs his own company and I have the best boss in the world who would let me take a 2-hour lunch for "important" reasons, so... we set a tee time.

It turned out to be super windy, but I hadn't golfed in a month so my tendency was to swing hard anyway. Though I'll 100% blame the wind, of course.

Plus I was hitting hard because I promised my Brewer fan friends I'd take out their anger on the ball after they learned Craig Counsell was heading to the Cubs. Gotta help my friends, you know! Don't worry, I crushed him multiple times today.

The pace of play turned out to be slow because anyone and everyone who was either retired or had a flexible job or no job was golfing. The course was packed. We were waiting for the two-some ahead of us who was waiting for the two-some ahead of them, while there was a two-some behind us who had a two-some waiting for them.


Still... We're golfing in NOVEMBER!!!! Whoo-hoo! And yes, Mother Nature will simmer down now and have highs in the 40s for the foreseeable future. This might be it. I mean I put my clubs in the basement this past weekend and the weather turned nice. Maybe there's another "reversal" in the cards. 

Enjoy your Monday!!

No comments: