Friday, April 5, 2024

Coming A Long Way


My sister Rachel has come a long way since we took this picture with our puppy Dixie. And this week, it feels likes she made decades' worth of progress in just 6 days.

She got through Thursday's surgery on her leg just fine. And the doctor indicates it's looking good. Today, she was comprehending things pretty well and able to actually speak some words instead of just mouthing them – like right after the breathing tube was removed. 

She's still in ICU, but I might actually have a conversation when I visit her tomorrow. If you asked me 3 days ago, I would not have thought that was possible by the weekend. Definitely due to all your thoughts and prayers! Thank you from all of us.

Today, her son and daughter-in-law got a Caring Bridge site going. If you're unfamiliar, first, lucky you. It's an easy way for them to share updates without having to field lots of texts and phone calls about her condition. 

Click here to view Rachel's page. If you set up an account, you'll get notifications. Also, if you see pop-ups asking for donations, just know that those don't go to Rachel. They go to support the Caring Bridge organization.

I still plan to update you occasionally – especially after I finally see her in person.

Never underestimate the power of prayer! Thank you!


1 comment:

swait said...

Thank you for the update. Your earlier post of the photo showing your sister's car had me fearful for her recovery. I am so glad she is navigating surgery and no longer has breathing tube. I am thinking of her and all her family and sending recovery wishes.