Monday, April 22, 2024

Mother Earth Day


It's Earth Day! The temps are in the mid-60s but the wind is high and the fire danger is even higher. Mr. Deck Chair and I tried to bond in the great outdoors to honor the holiday, but that cool wind did not support those plans. (Thankfully, it was nice yesterday, too.)

I find it interesting that we refer to our planet as Mother Earth. Why? Well, I found this explanation on Robyn-pedia: 

No man is as wise as Mother Earth. She has witnessed every human day, every human struggle, every human pain, and every human joy. For maladies of both body and spirit, the wise ones of old pointed man to the hills. For man too is of the dust and Mother Earth stands ready to nurture and heal her children.

Funny, that also describes my mother! (Probably yours, too!) When it comes to her and her 8 R's... She has witnessed just about every human day, every human struggle, every human pain, and every human joy.

And now we don't know what to do because she is the one struggling.

Both her and my sister seem to be on that same "2 steps forward, 1 step back" path to recovery. 

I was excited yesterday that Mom was getting some her strength back and could walk down the hospital hallway with her walker. That's so much progress from when I saw her a few days ago. But then today, her blood pressure is up and so is any food she's consumed – if you know what I mean. 

I just talked to her a little bit ago and she sounds so weak. Hopefully they can get this latest setback under control. Or I may have to run up there in the morning. I keep praying but I just don't know how many times my favorite 92-year-old can bounce back!

As for Rachel, she had good days and bad days. While she's between surgeries right now, she's getting some physical therapy in. I honestly don't know where they're starting because it seems like her brain and her right arm are the only things unscathed by that crash. 

Prayers for both are appreciated beyond measure!

On this Earth Day, hug a tree or hug a loved one. Or both. I pray they'll be around for many rotations of Mother Earth!


No comments: