Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Daily Dust Bowl


With high winds and very dry conditions today, it definitely seemed like some sort of Dust Bowl was happening on my ride home today.

And shooting some middle school baseball after work, you could definitely see both the dust and the wind billowing through their uniforms. Needless to say, I didn't stay long. It was one thing for my camera to get some dust, but then the light rain started. Not a good combo for me!

Got home and realized it was time to figure out how to face the real Dust Storm in our lives.

My sister Rachel had her 6th surgery in 16 days – this time to repair the broken right ankle. It went well as far as everyone can tell.

Then my mom, who is the special person we've been praying about, has had an up-and-down journey of her own in the hospital after a fall. 

I decided to take tomorrow off and head north to see Mom. Depending on timing and other things, I may swing over to the Twin Cities to visit my sister. Right now our clear answers are whirling around in the dust. Hopefully things will be clearer as I travel.

And hopefully, I'll be able to deliver a few personal hugs and prayers to family scattered here and there. And hopefully the thunder and lightning wrap up so it's a smooth drive. Trust me, I'll never take "safe travels" as seriously as we all are now!

Hope you survived the wind, dust, and rain OK! 

P.S. Please continue to pray for miracles! 




No comments: