Thursday, April 18, 2024

Half Empty or Half Full?

When I noticed a half-moon on my way home tonight, it instantly brought to mind the question of whether my glass (attitude) is half-full or half-empty. With all the challenging situations on my plate, am I focusing on the positives more than the negatives?

It didn't take me long today to realize I was exhausted. Not just from the physical driving yesterday but all of the emotions attached to it. At that moment this morning, I was thinking about me and my empty tank. 

Later, I realized that all I can do about my sick family members is think the glass is half FULL and offer a positive attitude and prayer. Thankful for their progress. Hoping to fill that cup.

My struggle with coping with what's happening to my mom and sister is nothing compared to what they are literally going through. I need to remove ME from the situation and focus on them. 

If my "glass" is only half-full right now, I need to fill it up with prayer and positive thoughts. I need to realize that my prayers will be effective.

And as I told my sister yesterday, let's thank God for how far He's got us now!

At the end of the day, many of us should just thank God for what we have and for miracles he's performing that we don't even know about.

P.S. Extra prayers will still help!

No comments: